The PE and Sports Premium Grant is a government funding initiative which is allocated to all schools to support in improving the quality of the PE and sports provision that they offer their pupils. Sports Premium is available to pupils in Year 1 to 6.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
It is intended that this funding will be used in the following areas:
• Continue to provide high quality subsidised after school sports clubs
• Improve the opportunities for children to take part in competitive sports
• Provide improved equipment for sports lessons, playtimes and after school clubs
• Develop the range of large outdoor apparatus that children can access at play and lunch times
• Develop the range of apparatus that children in Early Years can access to support their physical development e.g. targeted funding to improve the number of balance bikes and related equipment available and develop the climbing apparatus available.